Skiing in Salzburger Land - Gastein Valley
Four ski areas for beginners, advanced level skiers and experts
In Gastein Valley skiing really is a variety-packed pleasure – in four ski areas, which are connected by a ski bus service, you get to choose your favourite ski runs from a total of 215 kilometres of pistes. This means beginners, carving fans, off-piste skiers and freestylers alike are well catered for.
Skiing in Gastein Valley with just one ski pass. Flexible multi-day passes, attractive discounts for children, teenagers, students and families who have more than two children make winter sports fun an affordable experience. The best thing to do is to choose your ski pass online, which covers from two to 18 days:
Four times piste fun while skiing in Gastein Valley
Variety while skiing is the trump card for skiing in Salzburger Land. In Gastein Valley leisurely family ski runs, long carving routes, spectacular freeride ski runs and challenging mogul and deep snow pistes await. And there is even more since Gastein Valley is a member of the Ski Amadé ski association!
- Dorfgastein-Großarl - Ski area for beginners and all ability levels, as well as freeriders
- Stubnerkogel-Angertal-Schlossalm - the biggest interconnected ski area in the Gastein Valley which has a wide range of offers for all ability levels
- Graukogel - known for its difficult ski runs, which require fitness and technique
- Sportgastein - the highest ski area, up to 2700 m, with an irresistible offer for freeriders and off-piste fans
- 215 km pistes in total: 59 blue (easy), 127 red (moderate), 29 black (difficult)
- Snow-making facilities provide the maximum snow assurance until the end of April
- Snowpark Gastein - Fun park for freestylers on the Stubnerkogel
Skiing in Salzburger Land – learn how to ski in Bad Hofgastein
In the snow sports school in Gastein a variety-packed range for skiers and winter sports fans who are looking for adventures away from the prepared ski pistes awaits. Group and individual courses start in the ski centre in Angertal, just a few minutes from your Fuchs Apartment in Bad Hofgastein (free ski bus Line 2; blue signs).
Ski hire and specialist sports shops in Bad Hofgastein
Around your Fuchs Apartment and at the valley stations for the ski lifts you will find several ski hire stations and ski storage areas. Benefit from comfort and try out a variety of new, very well maintained ski models every day – you might even come across your favourite model which you can then buy.
- Intersport Fleiss Bad Hofgastein
- Top Rent Angertal in the ski centre in Angertal
Interesting information about skiing in Salzburger Land-Gastein Valley
- All twelve ski bus lines can be used free of charge when you have a valid ski pass and are dressed in ski-wear. The latest ski bus timetable is available to download here.
- All the ski pistes are closed between 5:00 p.m. and 8:30 a.m. for maintenance. 25 piste machines get to work so nothing stands in the way of you enjoying a speedy, or a relaxing, ski the following day!
- Ski lodges and après-ski - throughout Gastein Valley there are numerous traditional ski lodges, mountain inns and hot-spots for abundant après-ski parties. Your hosts are happy to give you the best insider tip!
A ski holiday in Salzburger Land, now that's something! The only thing that's missing for winter holiday happiness is a place to stay. Send a no-obligation enquiry to the Fuchs Apartments Bad Hofgastein right now!